Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games
Learn C++ from basics. Make your first 4 video games in Unreal engine, the engine behind Fortnite. Interactive tutorial.
Created by Ben Tristem, Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem | 40 hours on-demand video
*NEW* Every section of the course is being fully updated and remastered to Unreal Engine 4.22+. The first two remastered sections have been released! New content will be released as full sections over the coming weeks and months. Existing students get all the new material for free.
Learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 4, even if you’re a complete beginner. Unreal is a free-to-use game development engine used by AAA studios and indie developers worldwide. It can be complex beast to get into, but we break it down step-by-step
What you’ll learn
- C++, the games industry standard language.
- How to use the Unreal Engine 4 Editor.
- Unreal Blueprint for designer friendly programming.
- Git as a version control and backup system.
- Object Oriented Programming and how to put it into practice.
- Sound effects and audio to add depth to your games.
- Game design principles.
- Programming patterns and best practices.
- Unreal’s Terrain Editor to create epic landscapes.
- Artificial Intelligence behaviour programming for enemies.
- Strong and transferable problem solving skills.
- Modern game development technologies and techniques.
- A fundamental understanding of computers.
- Write code that is clean and to understand.
- Unreal Gameplay Framework to make games easily.
- Advanced vehicle physics.
- Blackboard and Behaviour Tree for customizable AI.
- Animation Blueprint for custom character animation.
- C++ template programming to reduce repetition.
- Vector maths for game play and physics calculations.
Most Recommended Unreal Engine 4 Course