AJAX allows web pages to request small chunks of data (such as HTML, XML, JSON, or plain text) and display them only when needed. This is achieved by using APIs like XMLHttpRequest or Fetch API. These technologies allow web pages to directly handle making HTTP requests for specific resources
Typically when a user goes to a website the user has to wait for the server to respond with the data. This is not the case as with AJAX we have the option to load the data when the user is already on the page making the user really happy.
This course covers making AJAX requests using the XMLHttpRequest as well as the newer fetch.
Waht Will I Learn?
- How to setup a localhost
- What Fetch and XHR are and how they work
- How to connect to web apis and load data
- Exercise to build a random user loader
- Using AJAX to get a txt file content
- Exercise Getting Random Jokes to output on a website
- Using Fetch
- Exercise Posting form data to a server using Fetch
- Practice AJAX
Who is the target audience?
- Web developers who want to practice AJAX
- Anyone who wants to learn more about XHR and Fetch requests
- Instructor: Laurence Svekis
- Course Length: 1.5 hours
- Course Language: English
- Price: Free